Every UI component brings along its unique challenges. Inventing a new solution to every problem takes time, and very often it’s really not necessary. We can rely on smart design patterns and ask the right questions ahead of time to avoid issues down the line.
As a little celebration for our 16th birthday, we are happy to finally release our Smart Interface Design Checklists — a deck of 166 cards that are here to help us all keep track of the things we need to consider. Jump to table of contents.
- Jump to the details ↓
- Check the free preview (PDF, 825KB)
- Shipping worldwide now.
- Get the deck of cards right away!
About The Checklist Cards
Meet the deck of 166 checklist cards with common questions to ask when tackling any interface challenge. Curated and compiled by yours truly to help us all keep track of all the fine little details to design and build better interfaces, faster. Plus, a good way to not forget anything critical, and avoid costly mistakes down the line.
The cards are beautifully designed by our dear illustrator Ricardo Gimenes and jam-packed with everything you need to keep in mind when designing UI components. This deck of checklist cards is always by your side — on your desk or on your phone when you’re on the go. Check the free preview. (PDF, 825KB)
What’s Inside The Box?
The cards are here to help you make the right design decisions. They don’t provide ultimate answers; you can see them as helpful conversation starters for your design/dev teams to help avoid misunderstandings or confusion down the line. They remind you of things that often get forgotten, overlooked or dismissed.
Here’s an overview of all the topics covered by the deck of checklists:
- Designing For Touch Checklist+
- Accordion Checklist+
- Navigation Checklist+
- Hamburger Menu Checklist+
- Filtering Checklist+
- Sorting Checklist+
- Search Autocomplete Checklist+
- Carousels Checklist+
- Tables Checklist+
- Pricing Plans Checklist+
- Sliders Checklist+
- Date Pickers Checklist+
- Configurators Checklist+
- Feature Comparison Checklist+
- Timelines Checklist+
- Schedule And Calendars Checklist+
- Maps Checklist+
- Seating Plans Checklist+
- Privacy Checklist+
- Onboarding Checklist+
- Reviews and Testimonials Checklist+
- Web Forms Checklist+
- Donation Form Checklist+
- Authentication Checklist+
- Product Page Checklist+
- Video Player Checklist+
- Disabled Buttons Checklist+
- Inline Validation Checklist+Back Button UX Checklist+Modals Checklist+Mega-Dropdowns Checklist+
166 checklist cards in a sturdy box. The digital version is available as PDF.
About the Author
Vitaly Friedman loves beautiful content and doesn’t like to give in easily. When he is not writing, he’s most probably running front-end & UX workshops. He loves solving complex UX, front-end, and performance problems.
- 166 checklist cards on everything from hamburger navigation and carousels to web forms and tables, carefully curated by Vitaly Friedman and designed by Ricardo Gimenes and Ari Stiles,
- Practical examples and guidelines (400 slides),
- Editable text file to adjust for your needs,
- Life-time access to the deck, updated regularly (digital version).
Team Bundle Discounts 🎉
Do you want to equip your entire team with the card deck? Now, that’s a great ide! If you plan to get 5+ decks, you’ll get a friendly 15% discount. Get in touch with email@example.com, and we’ll make it happen!
- 166 checklist cards in a sturdy box.
- Practical examples and action points (400 slides).
- Editable text file.
- Life-time access to the updated deck (digital version).
- Free worldwide shipping from Germany.
- Get the checklist cards right away.
More Smashing Books & Goodies
Promoting best practices and providing you with practical tips to master your daily coding and design challenges has always been (and will be) at the core of everything we do at Smashing.
In the past few years, we were very lucky to have worked together with some talented, caring people from the web community to publish their wealth of experience as printed books that stand the test of time. Steven, Stefan, and Adam are three of these people. Have you checked out their books already?